This particular statue of Wolfe, created by Scottish-American sculptor John Massey Rhind in 1898, has travelled somewhat extensively. It was first located in New York, on the Exchange Court building, built by William Waldorf Astor, one of four statues Rhind made for that location. Calgary philanthropist Eric Harvie eventually purchased the statue of Wolfe, which in 1967 was placed outside of Calgary's newly constructed planetarium. This placement was not without controversy: it was argued that the planetarium was not necessarily the best fit for an 18th-century officer. It has since been relocated to what is perhaps its most fitting location: Calgary's South Mount Royal Park, which is bounded by Wolfe Street, Montcalm Crescent, and Quebec Avenue.